Paper & Cardboard

Save the trees!

Paper

Cardboard

Why separate paper?

The separation and recycling of paper and cardboard helps to reduce the amount of new paper and cardboard needed, helping to protect the forests and the environment. Paper fibers can be recycled six to seven times. Currently, 75% of paper and cardboard used in the Netherlands is recycled. With your help, we can reach the remaining 25%.

What happens with my paper?

Simple! Old paper and cardboard are the most important source of materials for new paper and cardboard. That’s why it's so important to carefully separate them.

  • All sorts of clean, dry paper and cardboard
  • Newspapers
  • Magazines
  • Leaflets and flyers
  • Books
  • Paper bags
  • Paper sheets (blank or printed)
  • Dossiers
  • Envelopes
  • Cardboard boxes
  • Receipts
  • Dirty, wet or plastic-coated paper or cardboard
  • Cellophane paper
  • Carbon paper
  • Wallpaper
  • Sticky paper
  • Toilet paper
  • Tissues or paper serviettes
  • Pizza boxes 
  • Single-use coffee cups
  • Tetra-packs
  • Bubble-wrapped envelopes 
  • Plastic-layered cardboard

Give your wine corks a second life?