At Seenons we are on a mission to bring people together for a waste-free world Most important is that we’re in it together. No team, no nothing. As there is no time to waste, we are looking for an Operational Excellence Manager to join our mission!
Make an impact
Transforming us from a regular startup into a mean green operationally efficient waste-saving machine
We have a great organisation with a great culture, and we achieve a lot of great things already, but as we grow ever more we become ever more aware that we need to level up on our process. Fortunately, that’s where you come in…
We are looking for two important things in this role:
Firstly, someone who is a master process builder, but also someone who truly understands the need for pragmatism in a rapidly growing and innovative startup like ours. In other words, process is awesome and we love it, but only so far as it doesn’t change any of the important things that make us us.
Within our functional team, you will need to:
- Work closely with them to pragmatically map the as-is and to-be business and operational processes
- Maintain a high level understanding of the effect of each process on other functional areas, and manage these interfaces/dependencies accordingly
- Help teams to relate their processes towards individual, team and company objectives and key results, and to optimise them accordingly, helping us to keep everyone pointed in the right direction
- Always keep data in mind, and build pragmatic data capture into process development, where it will aid with measurement and continuous improvement goals
- Help teams to identify efficiency gains that could be made by the addition of new tooling, and work with them to develop or acquire this
- Help teams to identify resource, capability and training gaps
Then at an organisational level:
- Build and own an org-wide process map, identifying gaps and maturity levels for those that are in place already
- Develop a framework for prioritising the backlog of processes to be developed and optimised, with forecasting of expected impact
- Help us work towards ISO9001 and 14001 readiness and certification, including helping to build the necessary document base and management system
- Work to upskill the organisation is process mapping and continuous improvement behaviours, developing best practice and delivering training where appropriate
Although experienced guidance will be available, the intention is that this role will be self-driving, and that you will primarily be the one defining your own roadmap and guiding our teams in how they can do things better.
We think you will be great at this role if you are:
- A highly structured thinker that loves to order and optimise, but yet still has your pulse on the bigger picture and the behavioural and cultural factors that also contribute towards building an effective organisation
- You are comfortable working in an Agile manner, creating ‘minimum viable’ output before you aim for the perfect product, and working to a flexible roadmap that can adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- You aren’t intimidated by having to be a little bit diplomatic when working with teams to help them improve their working practices, and consider yourself good at stakeholder management
- Maybe most importantly, you are excited by our mission and the chance to make a difference!
- You have formal university-level education in an Engineering-related field and/or have Lean Six Sigma qualifications
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in process mapping and optimisation within a similar context
- You are familiar with the requirements for either ISO9001 or ISO14001 and ideally have been involved in ISO certification for a previous organisation (we want you to lead our org through this!)
- All of our staff speak English and this is the primary language in our office and documents, so a good level of spoken and written English is required. There are no other language requirements for this role
What we offer you
- The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
- A learning curve so steep you’ll be doing loop-the-loops.
- A competitive salary.
- A team of 30 young, enthusiastic and international colleagues.
- The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together.
- An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility. Your opinion counts!
- A hip, renovated office in the Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS / Sloterdijk.
- A fresh, local, vegetarian lunch every day and we enjoy a drink at the office on Fridays.