At Seenons we are on a mission to bring people together for a waste-free world Most important is that we’re in it together. No team, no nothing. As there is no time to waste, we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our mission!
Waste is a growing global challenge. In the Netherlands only we burn 2 million megatons of waste per year. That is the equivalent of 400 million cargo bikes full of waste! To contribute to the transition to a more circular economy, we use innovative and smart technology that is good for people, animals and the environment. We do this together with 25+ employees in the city of Amsterdam. As a team we value freedom and ownership, making us go to work full of energy every day. We dare to steer our own course and do things just that little bit differently. This is how we work together as a team to create a waste-free world!
Map our customer journeys and translate them into clear requirements for our teams
We are looking for two important things in this role: firstly someone who is a master customer journey builder, and secondly someone who truly understands the value of carefully-considered requirements. Your job will be to make sure that we always have a high resolution understanding of the ‘as-is’ of how our customers and partners experience us, and that our ‘to-be’ is properly communicated to the rest of the company via requirements. You are the definer, the interpreter, the communicator, that allows us to become what we need to be in order to build a circular world.
You will sit within the Product Team. You will:
- Build and manage a map of our org-wide customer journeys, help to identify gaps and weaknesses for those that are in place already, and create a roadmap of how you will prioritise efforts to fill them in;
- Work closely with all other member of the Product Team to make sure that all of our new insights, innovations and product developments are properly integrated into our as-is and to-be journeys;
- Maintain a high level understanding of the effect of any changes on other functional parts of the customer journey, and manage these interfaces/dependencies accordingly;
- Develop and maintain our requirements set, translating user requirements into their functional and non-functional counterparts that can be used to shape our product and organisation;
- Communicate, discuss and negotiate requirements with the functional teams whom they affect, helping to educate and build an understanding of the role and importance of requirements in developing and controlling a quality product;
- Always keep data in mind, and build proposals for pragmatic data capture into customer journey development;
- Help the Tech Team by defining the user stories that need to be realised;
- Work closely with your counterpart on the Operations Team, who is responsible for translating your requirements into optimised processes and results, to make sure that requirements are truly feasible and that they are being measured and met.
Although guidance will be available, the intention is that this role will be self-driving, and that you will primarily be the one defining your own roadmap and providing best practice on journey and requirements mapping to the team.
We think you will be great at this role if you are:
- A structured thinker that loves to order and optimise, but also has your pulse on the bigger picture and the behavioural factors that need to shape customer journeys and product design
- You are comfortable working in an Agile manner, creating ‘minimum viable’ output before you aim for the perfect product, and working to a flexible roadmap that can adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- You aren’t intimidated by having to be a little bit diplomatic when working with teams to help them improve their working practices, and consider yourself good at stakeholder management
- Given you will be working closely with the Tech Team on defining user stories, you will need to have a good technical understanding so you can align with the tech team on what is possible
- Maybe most importantly, you are excited by our mission and the chance to make an impact!
- You have formal University-level education in a Business or Engineering-related field
- You have minimum 5 years of working experience plus experience in Business Process Mapping and/or Business Analysis
- You have a serious affiliation with the concept of the Customer Journey and how IT helps customers
- All of our staff speak English and this is the primary language in our office and documents, so a good level of spoken and written English is required. There are no other language requirements for this role
- The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up
- A learning curve so steep you’ll be doing loop-the-loops
- A competitive salary
- A team of 30+ young, enthusiastic and international colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together
- An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility. Your opinion counts!
- A hip, renovated office in the Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS / Sloterdijk
- A fresh, local lunch every day, sports activities and we enjoy a drink at the office on Fridays