At Seenons we are on a mission to bring people together for a waste-free world. Most important is that we’re in it together. No team, no nothing. As there is no time to waste, we are looking for an HR Manager to join our mission!
Make an impact
Happy, healthy, and high-performing waste warriors
We need you (!) to help in shaping our company culture by making sure that our policies, structures and new hires fully represent Seenons in the way we want to be. Don’t get us wrong – we already have a team of top notch superstars. Yet, as this is a matter very close to our heart, it’s time to bring in our first HR specialist.
Tools at your command will include: salary and benefits and employee contracts; promotions; career development and training; the company policies and handbook; and employee feedback, stats and trends. We want you to use these to ensure everyone is empowered to work at their best, feels valued and is valued equally, and can be their true self whilst at work. We also want you to help us to build a family here, empowering the team by developing a programme of sports, health, interests, learning activities, etc., so that everyone’s time here continues to be about a lot more than just work.
You will take the lead on recruitment and make sure we have the right people at the right time, putting the hiring policies and structures in place to ensure we continue to have a diverse team of top waste warrior talent.
And finally, you will be the key point of contact for anyone who needs to have a confidential conversation about their work or personal life. You make sure that everyone in the team has the support that they need in order to work at their best and love their job!
You will be great at this job if:
- You deeply care about people and their wellbeing, and believe that a successful company is one that looks after its employees sincerely.
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable working in a startup environment. There are still a lot of gaps in our HR – that’s why we need you – so you need to be comfortable with starting things from scratch and speaking up when you see something that needs to be fixed.
- You are excited about our vision as a company, and want to help us make the world circular.
You have university-level education and a minimum of 2 years work experience, preferably in a similar role. You don’t need to be an expert in these topics from day 1 but if not, you are enthusiastic to research and learn and become one a little bit further down the line.
All of our HR documentation and internal comms are in English, so a high level of written and spoken English are a must. We will also need to comply with local employment law so, although not necessary, fluency in Dutch would also be beneficial for this role.
We work from the office when we can so, particularly for this role, we will prefer candidates who are Amsterdam-based.
What we can offer
- The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
- A learning curve so steep you can do loop-the-loops.
- A competitive salary, plus equity incentives.
- A team of 25+ young, enthusiastic and international colleagues.
- The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together with a highly motivated team.
- An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility, and your opinion counts!
- Office that meets the RIVM requirements – even in this time of (partial) working from home.
- A hip, renovated office in the up-and-coming Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS/Sloterdijk.
- We prepare a fresh organic lunch from the neighborhood farmer every day and have an open bar for drinks at the office on Fridays.