At Seenons we are on a mission to bring people together for a waste-free world. Most important is that we’re in it together. No team, no nothing. As there is no time to waste, we are looking for an Zero Waste Expert to join our mission!
Make an impact
Passionate about a world in which nothing is wasted
We exist to help businesses reduce their waste and impact and this role is at the heart of that mission. We are looking for an experienced waste management expert to help push our clients big and small towards a future in which nothing is wasted. From getting hands-on and offering individual advice to our big customers to designing programmes of behavioural nudges to help our small ones. You will play a central role in our company as a multi-function waste expert.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-developing a programme for how we can best support our key big customers towards improving their waste footprint whilst pursuing their business goals and having a positive experience with Seenons.
- Rolling it out. Spending time with customers, measuring their waste (getting your hands dirty!), mapping what they are currently doing, identifying and prioritising ways for them to improve. In short, making some impact!
- Take a structured and data-focused approach to helping our clients reduce their waste, to make sure that we are attacking the most impactful changes first.
- Being an ambassador on the ground for Seenons, working closely with people at all levels within our client organisation to help them change what they’re doing for the better. This might involve creating webinars, running training sessions, or helping to train local waste champions.
- Having a hand in designing our waste reporting dashboards and reports so that they represent what the client is truly interested in.
- Then, once you have had some hands-on experience with big clients, helping us to develop measures that can be used at a mass scale for our small clients and household customers as well.
- And maybe most importantly of all, making sure that the lessons you have learned from your client work are shared across our teams so that we can keep evolving our service and our people.
You thrive in an environment in which there can be more than a little ambiguity, and in fact this is why we want you here! You are someone who can bring together all the threads and help to turn our clients’ waste systems into something that is well organised, understood and explained.
You shine in interacting with people and you are a passionate coach about the world of waste. You believe in the value of clear and frequent communication, and you love to cultivate strong working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
Although at your core you are a waste warrior, you also bring analytical thinking to the table, and understand the power of data and modelling as a means to truly maximise your impact. This doesn’t mean you are spending your days building models in R (we have an impact analyst for that), but you know how to think and talk in data.
And of course, you have a passion for our mission to save waste, and therefore are a true ambassador towards external stakeholders when it comes to making an impact through our projects.
- Formal WO-level qualification in an analytical or sustainability-related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in hands-on waste consulting, with a high degree of autonomy.
- Our company language is English, so fluency in English speaking & writing is a must. Dutch is a big plus, as the majority of our clients are currently in the Netherlands.
- The chance to experience the first days of an ambitious and fast-growing start-up.
- A learning curve so steep that it’s making loops.
- A competitive salary and equity package.
- A team of 30 young, enthusiastic and international colleagues.
- The opportunity to contribute to the race to zero waste together.
- An opportunity to really make a difference within our organization. Lots of freedom and responsibility. Your opinion counts!
- A hip, renovated office in the Houthavens area in Amsterdam, close to Amsterdam CS / Sloterdijk.
- A fresh vegetarian lunch every day and we enjoy a drink at the office on Fridays.